Wednesday 13 June 2012

GRADUATE FASHION WEEK - DAY TWO

Monday was my second day reporting from Graduate Fashion Week and I am happy to say the show was once again packed to the rafters - not to mention full of celebs.

After a quick whizz around all the stands (meeting some of the designers who didn't have a catwalk show but were no less amazing) I ran along in the afternoon to see the De Montfort University show where I was frow and centre to catch all the action.

Here I was met with intense colour and creative fabric combinations. Sportswear was clearly a huge theme running throughout with mesh and sheer panels, technical fabrics, futuristic metallics and pastel colour blocking all on offer. Designs were teamed with embellished wedges, running shoes, more backpacks than you could shake a stick at and visors galore.

This was by far the most assured collection of graduates I have seen so far an in particular Charlotte Booty caught my eye as one to watch for the future - so watch this space!

Next I took in another catwalk show, this time from Nottingham Trent.

I found this a slightly more toned down affair and a much more commercial take (which is not a bad thing) and the technical skill of the graduates did shine through, especially with the knitwear, print based and men's tailoring collections. By far my favourites were Laura Grant and Florence Bridge who both presented resort ready collections worthy of any Ibiza going A-lister.

After the show we headed to the drinks reception where champagne, canapés and, best of all, Jamie Laing and Francis Boulle from Made In Chelsea awaited us. After some convincing I decided to stop trying to play it cool and ask for a picture. The result is a somewhat blurry image with my huge grin taking up most of the picture. How Embarrassing!

Whilst I mull over my shame see below for all my picks from day 2 of Graduate Fashion Week.

Natalie Dawson, fashion writer, WWB magazine x

De Montford Univeristy


Alison Woodhouse


Charlotte Booty


Charlotte Casey


El Pattern


Elysia Yeoh

Nottingham Trent


Florence Bridge


Gemma Hayter


Laura Grant


Rebecca Munn


Tamsin Lakhani

No comments:

Post a Comment